Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Last Modified Time formula - add a condition filter please

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

In the Last Modified Time formula you can watch for changes in selected fields.

I wish I could also add a condition filter to only watch for changes in the selected field if there is a value match.

I know I can do that via an additional separate field that will have a match-type function and then watch for changes of this field using the last-modified-time fieldโ€ฆ But it just ads unnecessary fields in Airtable. If Last Modified Time formula can do that, it eliminates need for the extra field.

With number of fields in Airtable limited to 500 fields, saving every field counts.

2 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can. Wrap the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME() function inside an IF() function. Or does that not accomplish what you want? If not, could you describe your desired use case in greater detail?

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great, I appreciate. I didnโ€™t know about the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME function. That should resolve what I need without an extra field.

Just for record, here are the situations where I am going to need it:

Example 1:
Field A - single select field
Field B - I want to show Last Modified Time when the specific single select choice was selected in the field. (I guess if the subsequently the single select field is changed, then the Last Modified Time field would become blank)

Example 2:
Field A - Lookup field
Field B - Same as above, the last modified time would only show the time when the lookup value was a specific value in the Field A.

If field A (Edit: correction) contains any other than a value matching the condition in Last Modified Time, then the Last Modified Time will be blank.

So yes, the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula should work fine.