Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Last modified time [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

UPDATE 2: last modified time is now available to everyone! You can learn more about it here.

UPDATE: The last modified time beta is now closed as we get ready for a general release. Thanks to all of the testers who made this beta a success.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi folks! We’re very excited to announce that we’re beta testing a last modified time field type, as well as a LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function. Many thanks to the users who’ve posted specific, detailed feedback about their needs and use cases with regard to this feature, like @Arlo_Haskell, @Deborah_Buck, and @Jordan_Friedman. We read everything that is posted here in the forums and your feedback is incredibly valuable for us when we’re planning the product roadmap and developing new features!

If you’re a Pro plan user and you’re interested in testing out the last modified time field type and/or the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function—and giving us your feedback—please sign up using this form. (Note: this is a different form from our standard beta signup form, and it requires you to fill out a couple of additional questions.)

As you are all aware, this is a highly anticipated feature, and there are many users who would like to get beta access. However, for technical reasons and to ensure an optimal user experience, rollout for this beta will be conducted in small, limited batches. (In practical terms, that means that it might take a while for you to get access.)

219 Comments
Jon_Eckhardt
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great to add a field like “auto number” that dropped in the date (or date and time) that a record was created. This would be very useful when combined with the forms/survey feature.

Jeannette_Casta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Tim_Dietrich

One more vote for “last modified date/time.” It’s a basic database field - please add it as soon as you can. Thank you.

Dustyn_Gobler

Well it’s been 16 months. Any update on a modified date field?

In addition, are there any technical reasons that this is taking so long to implement? I’m not a programmer so my curiosity is sincere. It seems like your system internal has to know when records are changed; hence the record history. So I’m puzzled as to why this is so difficult to add to the API?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Chaim_Moshe_Ste
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

any date when this will be added?

Keith_Lambert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ive just signed up and love what I see so far, but have just hit my first snag - the last modified date. Please add it!
Thanks in advance.

Xavier_Veyrat

+1 Really need this to make updates to a data base

Anneka_K

Yes, please! I’m searching for this feature too. It seems there’s excellent, detailed modification information in the ‘history’ section of the expanded record view. So the info is definitely in there, but no way to access the data or work with it in formulas.

It would really be fantastic to be able to filter or group a view by “updated today” “updated this week”, etc. Maybe this is already a feature, but I haven’t found it.

Hope this is coming soon to a screen near me! :slightly_smiling_face:

KENJI_LEFEVRE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

MODIFIED_TIME() would be the only way to follow what happened when doing tasks pipeline tracking.

Anneka_K

Are you using that formula in airtable?
I tried to enter it in, but it throws an “unknown formula” error message.

KENJI_LEFEVRE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sorry, I was only expressing a feature wish but it seems It suggested that the feature existed. Unfortunately it is not.