Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Last modified time [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

UPDATE 2: last modified time is now available to everyone! You can learn more about it here.

UPDATE: The last modified time beta is now closed as we get ready for a general release. Thanks to all of the testers who made this beta a success.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi folks! We’re very excited to announce that we’re beta testing a last modified time field type, as well as a LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function. Many thanks to the users who’ve posted specific, detailed feedback about their needs and use cases with regard to this feature, like @Arlo_Haskell, @Deborah_Buck, and @Jordan_Friedman. We read everything that is posted here in the forums and your feedback is incredibly valuable for us when we’re planning the product roadmap and developing new features!

If you’re a Pro plan user and you’re interested in testing out the last modified time field type and/or the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function—and giving us your feedback—please sign up using this form. (Note: this is a different form from our standard beta signup form, and it requires you to fill out a couple of additional questions.)

As you are all aware, this is a highly anticipated feature, and there are many users who would like to get beta access. However, for technical reasons and to ensure an optimal user experience, rollout for this beta will be conducted in small, limited batches. (In practical terms, that means that it might take a while for you to get access.)

219 Comments
Daniel_Farina1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would it be possible to add the “updated time” to the API response for each row returned?

This is quite necessary specially when building synchronization applications. By knowing the last time a row was updated, we can either trigger a call to synchronize it or skip it completely. This would decrease the load on Airtable’s side by a lot. Currently developers are forced to just update every single record on Airtable every x hours because there is no way to know whether a record was updated or not. I can force updates on specific records by adding my own timestamp every time I synchronize but that still requires a manual process.

Thanks

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try adding your voice here: Last Modified Timestamp

Roy_Munin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. Have several people updating a database of company records and another database of NGOs and volunteers and would love to know when we last updated info about each.

Fred_Bartholoma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - Add me to the list. Any ETA for then this update will be available?

Praveen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
    1. Need last modified timestamp
Florin_Mehedint

Obligatory “why is this not implemented yet?”

Meep_Meep

So when i edit content. And expand the view it actually has the modify date right inside there.
Would it not be easy to use this as a reference for the code?

Joe_Haddad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 any update on this?

kbitz
Kumar_Indresh

any updates @Airtable_Team