Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Last modified time [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

UPDATE 2: last modified time is now available to everyone! You can learn more about it here.

UPDATE: The last modified time beta is now closed as we get ready for a general release. Thanks to all of the testers who made this beta a success.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi folks! We’re very excited to announce that we’re beta testing a last modified time field type, as well as a LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function. Many thanks to the users who’ve posted specific, detailed feedback about their needs and use cases with regard to this feature, like @Arlo_Haskell, @Deborah_Buck, and @Jordan_Friedman. We read everything that is posted here in the forums and your feedback is incredibly valuable for us when we’re planning the product roadmap and developing new features!

If you’re a Pro plan user and you’re interested in testing out the last modified time field type and/or the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function—and giving us your feedback—please sign up using this form. (Note: this is a different form from our standard beta signup form, and it requires you to fill out a couple of additional questions.)

As you are all aware, this is a highly anticipated feature, and there are many users who would like to get beta access. However, for technical reasons and to ensure an optimal user experience, rollout for this beta will be conducted in small, limited batches. (In practical terms, that means that it might take a while for you to get access.)

219 Comments
Dan_Richardson1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh is there any update on the status of our application?

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Where are we at with this? 100% need a date/time stamp for last modified record @Katherine_Duh

Liz_Covert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any tentative date for wide release of this feature?

Darshan_Singh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,
I think we have no option of modified date of records, can you please add a new features in the on records,
So we can get easily the updated date of records.
Also please let us know if we can create a formula for the getting updated or Modified date of records.
Thanks in advanced

Eric_Kaplin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Agreed 100%, I could really use a feature like this for creating burndown charts.

Alex_Murillo

What is the target delivery date for this feature? I just started using Airtable, which I really like, but this feature is important. Coming from the world of SharePoint custom lists I was a bit stunned to see this column did not exist.

Does this mean you’ll also be implementing the field ‘Last Modified By’? I ask because ‘Last Modified Date’ and ‘Last Modified By’ go hand in hand. In the same context, a ‘Created By’ field would also be important to have.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Following. Glad to see this feature is being actively developed! Looking forward to using it in the wild, especially if it improves integration with Zapier, Integromat, etc. Would love to have integrations over the API that can update other apps based on when I modify something in Airtable.

Nic_Darling
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on the progress of this feature or any expansion of the beta? I am a pro plan user and this would be extremely useful for my member database and mobile app integration. Apologies if there is more info elsewhere in the forum. I’m new here.

chrisboat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

tried to get to the form … it failed … very interested in testing this feature

Chris

Laurie

Hi chrisboat and Nic_Darling,

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm for last modified time! Our beta has ended but you will be happy to know that we are preparing this feature for general release. Although I don’t have a timeline to share right now, keep an eye on What's new - Airtable!