Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Like/+1 Incrementer Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_Butterwort
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m using Airtable for tracking a large set of product ideas. I share this table with many other people and I would like a way to gauge the group’s interest in ideas as a way to bubble up the best. (Up voting and down voting). It would be great if there was a custom Voting/Like/+1 Field that would let each user up vote or down only once and result in an integer that you could then sort on. It may be hard to build but, would replicate a pretty basic Reddit-type functionality.

Thanks!

2 Comments
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

You could do something similarish by creating a field of type “Collaborator” called “I Like This” or something, and make sure the “Allow adding multiple collaborators” button is checked “yes”.

Then, if people like an idea, they can add their collaborator name to that field - it will be a list of collaborators who have +1’d that idea.

Then, you can create another field of type “Formula” to count the number of collaborators who have added their name to the “I Like This” field with this rather convoluted formula:

IF(
   {I Like This},
   LEN(
      ARRAYJOIN(
         {I Like This},
         “,”
      )
   )
   - 
   LEN(
      SUBSTITUTE(
         ARRAYJOIN(
            {I Like This},
            “,”
         ),
         “,”,
         “”
      )
   )
   + 1,
   BLANK()
)

Try that out, see if it works for you.

Neil_Hallimen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Jeremy_Oglesby

That formula doesn’t seem to work. Is that still the best way to add up the collaborators?