Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Limit # of records in interface (charts, grids, and lists)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benburne
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Proposed Feature: The feature I propose is the ability to limit the number of records displayed in interface components such as charts, lists, and grids. Specifically, this would allow interface creators to set a maximum number of records to be shown - for example, only the first 10 records in a given list or grid. This functionality would apply across various components used within the Airtable interfaces.

Addressing User Needs: This feature is particularly useful in scenarios where only a subset of data is relevant for display. For example:

• Summarised Views: In instances where only the top-performing metrics or most recent entries are needed, this feature can help in creating summarised views without overwhelming the user with excessive data.
  • Performance Optimisation: By limiting the number of records displayed, this can also enhance the performance and load times of interfaces, especially when dealing with large datasets.
  • Focused Data Presentation: This feature aids in creating more focused and purpose-driven interfaces, where users see only the most pertinent information, tailored to specific contexts or needs.

User Feedback and Market Trends:

• The demand for this feature stems from user feedback, where there's a clear need for more control over data presentation within interfaces.
  • Observing market trends, many data management platforms offer similar functionalities, indicating a standard practice in data presentation and management.

Implementing this feature would significantly improve the user experience by providing more control over how data is presented in interfaces. It aligns with the needs of users who seek more efficient and targeted ways to display data, especially in contexts where only a limited subset of records is relevant.

2 Comments
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As a workaround, you could try writing a quick script to help you mark the top ten records for you?  If a script's not feasible, you could also try linking all your data records to a single record in another table, and then utilizing rollups with MAX(values) to identify the top ten too

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@benburne 

I agree that this would be a great feature for interfaces.

In the meantime, if you’re interested in paying extra money for this feature, this is one of the hundreds of advanced features that are available in Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable.

Check out the screenshot below — this is how you set the record limit on any of the interface pages.

The CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration of his product on this Airtable podcast episode.

I also give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

IMG_0315.jpeg