Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Link to other base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Bacino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So happy that someone finally filled the void left by Dabble DB.

One of the features I found most useful there, but can’t seem to do in Airtable, is linking to entries in another Base. Often, one will have multiple bases which handle distinct aspects of a business or project, but in which one piece of data overlaps.

Example: A political campaign may want Bases for contacting voters, managing events, and recording donations. Those are distinct domains which need their own Bases, but which could benefit from linking parts of them together. For example, it would be great to link donations to the event they occurred at, or voters to donations, or record who attended each event.

In Airtable at present one has to either cram all of those bases into one, or foregoe the linkage which makes this software so great. It may seem like a small thing, but once you can link bases, the sky is really the limit.

495 Comments
Dan_Kang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Exactly. Just tell us what is going on Airtable!

If it takes 3 years, that is ok. At least tell us that it is being worked on.

Veron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Really need this feature as well in order to have my organisation switch over here from Podio. It’s the one thing standing in the way.

ssaunier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on that feature. For instance we would like to have a “Companies” table in a base and reference this info from other bases. Otherwise we have to duplicate this info in every base…

Thank you!

Greg_Herrington
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another +1 for linking between bases. Different base/domains can have inherent interlinkages & but important role/intent separations. Think Product Launch Calendar <> Product Roadmap <> CS Feature Requests <> CRM… you wouldn’t want to have all of those as different tables in the same base as they are separate domain areas from an org/user/role standpoint. But they all have common relational entities (customers, features, etc.).

Perhaps I could be convinced to re-frame my thinking, but that would require a far less “claustrophic” / tab-based view of tables within a base i think. …

Maribeth_Jansse

Hi, I am new to airtable and currently using it as a tool to help me organize better - as well as being a pilot for collaboration solution.

I know this is a very basic question, but as I’m working with bases, I’m trying to figure out if it is possible to link information from different bases? It seems like I’m adding a lot of tables to one base because I don’t want to have information I need in two different places …

My first base is a project management (of sorts) where I have high level task categories that also has action level tasks. It includes contacts etc. I am hoping to use Airtable to manage a grant process (where I will have CSV data to import, that will be the scores from a team of reviewers. I want to be able to import their scores and then manipulate their scores to get averages and such - but I also want to be able to give each reviewer a copy of their scores.

I am hoping the webinar I’m taking Friday will answer some of this stuff.

Is their an amateur’s lounge???

Chris_Parker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It’s not possible to link bases but it’s one of the oldest and most requested features. Unfortunately, there are no public plans from Airtable on this.

Trent_Meekin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If you could then there would be very little reason to upgrade from the free bases to the more expensive ones.

Chris_Parker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Trent_Meekin I don’t believe linking between bases is available at any price level.

Ryan_Vickerman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to switch over from our current system (Podio) but, this is the one feature that is stopping us. I’m on my knees…PLEASE give us this feature!

Markian_Ivanich
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there!
huge +1 to the feature. @Airtable_Support @Katherine_Duh - as for me this is a critical future to make healthy structure in any project.