Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Link to other base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Bacino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So happy that someone finally filled the void left by Dabble DB.

One of the features I found most useful there, but can’t seem to do in Airtable, is linking to entries in another Base. Often, one will have multiple bases which handle distinct aspects of a business or project, but in which one piece of data overlaps.

Example: A political campaign may want Bases for contacting voters, managing events, and recording donations. Those are distinct domains which need their own Bases, but which could benefit from linking parts of them together. For example, it would be great to link donations to the event they occurred at, or voters to donations, or record who attended each event.

In Airtable at present one has to either cram all of those bases into one, or foregoe the linkage which makes this software so great. It may seem like a small thing, but once you can link bases, the sky is really the limit.

495 Comments
Pierre_Ukelo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Absolutely +1 for that feature. @Airtable_Team moving forward on that stream would make many things cleaner.

Daniella_Delato

any chance the @Airtable_Team will look at this??? I NEED This!!!
Please!

Avigant_Avigant

This would be great, and would make bases more powerful than they already are. I’d love to see this sometime.

Zac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Howie_Liu @Howie , this is by far the most popular thread in the forum. We are relying on the wonderful product that you guys have created. Any info about your plans would be very appreciated.

Beth_Lang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+10000000 for this feature

This is an absolute NECESSITY for us, and the ONLY thing stopping me from rolling airtable out to our 30+ staff and 18 clients.

Use Case:
We are an agency, who use agile project management. We have a base for each client. Each contains 6 tabs including a backlog of tasks and a separate kanban for what work has been prioritised for the current sprint.

I need to be able to pull everything that is scheduled into one place, so I can have an overview of where the work is up to - basically a scrum board - so I can manage resource, scheduling etc appropriately.

Currently I have to go into each of the 18 bases individually, make a note of progress, and then go onto the next, then at the end bring it all together manually.

We’re going to have to go back to a GSheet / Trello mix without this :frowning:

Marci_Geller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

IMHO, this is the most needed feature in airtable. I want ONE CRM that I can use to handle contacts. It’s insane constantly adding the same contacts to different bases that I use for different projects/purposes.

I wish that airbtable would study quickbases and see how they “create relationships between bases” to do this. I think if Airtable provided this feature, you would without question be the number one database program out there. It would be the feature that would give me incentive to move from a free account to a paid one. Especially if you kept it affordable for small business owners like myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

Alvaro_Martinez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is this at least being beta-tested? Anyone?

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Not publicly - I’m participating in their beta program and there is nothing available regarding base linking right now.

Seongji_Kim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 It’s about time! This feature would be a game changer for our company and pretty much everyone including all the other folks who have commented here. This is a definitely a strong differentiator, and a great way to convince stakeholders to be onboard with Airtable. Please add this feature!

Kirk_Mullis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please! I really love airtable and want to use it for project management at my company, but I would need a way to control which tables are visible to which users and still keep all of those tables linked. This seems like the most logical way to handle that.