Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Link to other base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Bacino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So happy that someone finally filled the void left by Dabble DB.

One of the features I found most useful there, but can’t seem to do in Airtable, is linking to entries in another Base. Often, one will have multiple bases which handle distinct aspects of a business or project, but in which one piece of data overlaps.

Example: A political campaign may want Bases for contacting voters, managing events, and recording donations. Those are distinct domains which need their own Bases, but which could benefit from linking parts of them together. For example, it would be great to link donations to the event they occurred at, or voters to donations, or record who attended each event.

In Airtable at present one has to either cram all of those bases into one, or foregoe the linkage which makes this software so great. It may seem like a small thing, but once you can link bases, the sky is really the limit.

495 Comments
BSK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am sure Airtable does understand the importance of this feature but they are not able to figure out the right solution I guess.

Sam_Davol

+1 for solutions that allow data to be shared between bases. Our use cases are similar to others described above. For example, we would like to start a secondary base for a social media intern to draft posts and we would like the secondary base to pull some data (social handles but not sensitive info) from the CRM in our primary base. Ideally, the intern would have the ability to update those social handles, pushing the change back to the CRM, although that’s not the priority. Having the data flow from our CRM to the Intern’s base is the more important priority. We’re excited to see if this is something that can happen someday in Airtable. Thanks.

Ashley_Etchings
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So we can’t link databases as of now? How about linking information from columns?

Jaime_Noain1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think this would be a MAJOR win for Airtable users. Please consider it!!

Sandy_Reid1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is the most significant missing feature I’ve noticed since I started using Airtable recently.

Mike_11
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add this feature, major hassle at the moment…

This feature will unlock so much potential for me and my team.
Actually, the main reason a part of my team considers moving to Monday,
is because of the clutter we’ll have if we decide to manage all our projects on one base (with all of the other tables).

Mike_McLaughlin
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I’ve been on and off thinking that I can use Airtable for the last 7 months to replace my existing solution. This is yet another feature than pains me.

Base cross linking lets me keep my static info(admin base) protected from the data entry base(used by everyone). Additionally, this would help greatly with managing the number of tables in a single base, its a bit tedious scrolling through all my many tables.

Yossi_Goldblatt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any updates on this? Does airtable have a timeline for implementation? This would be a huge benefit…

Adam_Risser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 We are new to Airtable and this was one of the first pieces of functionality we were looking for.