Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Lock a record or a field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russell_Calkins
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Short of more granular user permissions (by table, not by base), it would be VERY useful to be able to lock certain records… or even certain fields.

We have many, VERY complicated records, that we’d like to use as templates. I want to prevent someone from trying to do their job and accidentally altering the master…

They don’t even have to be permission locked…just a button you have to push to MAKE SURE you want to delete/alter it, before you do.

14 Comments
Aaron_Ledohowsk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are there any updates on this?

Carolyn_Felix

This is such an important feature! For reporting and compliance, we need the ability to lock individual records.

Mareillia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seconded.

Especially when dealing with historical records, or financial ones.

If I no longer want any of my records from 2020 to be alterable (even if I alter a column formula in prep for 2021) I have to physically remove that record to another base or table.

It would be great to be able to lock a record so that any changes to the master spreadsheet no longer affect it.

This functionality has more uses than archiving - being able to lock my freelancers or clients out of certain records or fields, but still give them access to the full view. Similarly, an “Editable By XXX” field much like the collaborators’ field would be great.

Vishal_Rao
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bump a year later. I’m a paying pro customer and would really for an Editor to be able to lock/unlock records.