Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make formula correction suggestions and highlight formula elements

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Airtable needs to replicate how Excel helps with formulas:

1. Highlight elements of the formula and show brackets in different colours and different formulas in different colours
  2. Provide basic guidance… if a bracket is missing, then tell me it is missing and suggest me where it should be and ideally perhaps show a tally of brackets I add so I can later see how many closing brackets I need to add without having to go through the formula and recount the brackets; If there is a circular reference, then show me the parts that are involved; If there is a missing argument in a formula, then show me where is the missing argument, and perhaps suggest what argument is missing; some of the formulas are specific to AirTable requirements e.g. VALUE() and BLANK(), often these are used to deal with errors in other formulas, so I would appreciate if AirTable could suggest how to fix typical errors e.g. non-number argument in a formula that requires a number and so on…
  3. When creating new formula the window shows the sample format, but clicking on the individual argument doesn’t take me to the part (and highlight the part) of that argument in my formula.

I could go on and on…

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, the formula field is missing crucial functionality like this, and you’ve just hit the tip of the iceberg here.