Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make interfaces available on the iPad

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perrin_Romney
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Make Interfaces available on the iPad

How does is solve the user problems?

In construction, we use iPads for most of our inspection and statusing. To not have an interface useable on the iPad app is a major barrier to being able to use this in the field. 

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Anyone who uses Airtable not sitting down

72 Comments
Calvin_Young2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Martyn agreed, this latest update is crippling.  I had to go re-train my team how to very tediously type out the entries for single-select field, as @Lclore suggested.  

Things have been bad enough that we're considering scrapping the 10 iPads we have on the team and replacing them with Windows tablets.  I can't believe this isn't a bigger priority, we can't be the only ones trying to deploy our apps on iPads. 

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Calvin_Young2 You certainly aren't. We are as well. The thought of switching to windows tablets sounds worse though.... lol 

Thierry_Gattlen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Help please, this is an urgent request: interface on iPad !

Seeq
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I cannot believe this has yet to be implemented after so many comments over such a long period of time.

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!

Sam_Hancock

Agree, this is really essential for our sales team who use iPads ‘in the field’ at sales exhibitions etc, meet ups etc. The app UI is not fat finger friendly, with tiny little target touch points and limited functionality that doesn’t fully mirror the desktop experience. This seems to be such a key use case for Airtable, I really hope they sort it out soon otherwise will have to explore rival platforms.

rnavaille
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Woah, interfaces aren't available on iPad? This is a major gap.

Kelly_OShaughne
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello Airtable users of iPad!

PM here clarifying that Interfaces are available on iPad, but, as noted, only accessible at this time through a web browser. Safari, Chrome, and MS Edge are all supported. If you open a web browser and see a message to download the app, try opening browser settings (typically in the top right corner) and selecting "Request desktop site" or equivalent. You may have to navigate to the Airtable homepage again after this change to open the particular Interface of interest. 

Hope this helps.

Ryan_Bremner

No. This is not helpful. Web interface is garbage and no replacement for a suitable native app. That's just insulting. 

Jay_DeDapper

While it's true interfaces are available through browsers on iPads, it is NOT true that they actually work. There are scores of interface elements that don't work in browsers on iPads. Single select fields don't work. Date fields don't work. Etc. Etc.

At this point, is sad and comical that Airtable has decided not to invest in making their very useful interfaces available on devices that would most benefit from them. While tablets are largely entertainment devices for most consumers, iPads are now often used by businesspeople in lieu of laptops in many situations (i.e. airplanes where tiny tray tables make laptops impractical).

As someone who oversees (indirectly) iOS developers, I know it's not a small lift but it's hardly a big ask considering the cost of the platform for pro/enterprise users.

jayemvee89
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How many pages of comments does it take to get Airtable to give us interfaces for the iPad app? I'm betting on at least 10.... Any other brave souls up for the wager? 😆