Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mandatory fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Yoshiki_Kuraki
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to set some fields mandatory so our team members do not forget to input.
For example, customerโ€™s name should be mandatory for a project management but some members forget to input it. The image is that if a mandatory field is blank, users are requested to input the field otherwise the new record is not created.

56 Comments
Frank_Norrmann

I second this request, as our databases get more complex and widely used, we need to have some data entry validation criteria for certain fields to make sure the records are complete and consistent over time.

Stephanie_Perri

Another vote for mandatory field capability. Incomplete data is less than usefulโ€ฆ

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Matthew_Dewey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Stephanie_Perrin - A workaround: perhaps ask for new additions via a web form. This way you can select any item you need as โ€œrequiredโ€. New items canโ€™t be submitted via the form without those fields being completed.

Eric_Friedman1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this request - it would be great to have this feature.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I was to point that :stuck_out_tongue:

Stephanie_Perri

Genius idea. Thank you.

Mara_Air
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I support the request for having mandatory fields where needed.

While this is not in place, could we have boolean operators in the filters? For example (date field) is โ€œwithin a month from now OR emptyโ€, so that we can catch cases where the field was not entered.
Thanks

Bart_Froyen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this great request

Nick_Duda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this also. This would help solve the limited integration between AirTable and Jira. We want to use AirTable exclusively for project management but for individual tasks in AirTable we want to create a Jira ticket and then keep both the Jira Ticket and Task in AirTable in sync. When one is updated, update the other. The integration can handle that except the creation of a Jira ticket based on a certain field. So if we could make a certain field mandatory before the record is created then we can just use the basic โ€œNew Record in Viewโ€ option with Zapier

Investments_Int
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think it will be a tremendous upgrade! We need it.