Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mark product suggestions as Unresolved or Resolved in the forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Roulin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

To keep better track of product suggestions, I propose to add a “resolution status” field to posts in the actual Show and tell / Product Suggestions community forum.

This is additional information to a “closed” status on a post: it indicates whether or not the suggested feature is now available in Airtable.

Could work similar to what exists in Stack Overflow.

I suggest the following options:

• open (use case or feature is still impossible)
  • partially resolved (some progress has been made, still not quite the OP suggestion though)
  • completely resolved (OP suggestion is now supported)

+ next to status field, optional anchor links to one or more comments in the response thread
(“this post has been solved by comments X and Y”)
… like in Stack Overflow actually

+ anyone can set alerts on post status changes

Adding this status field to individual post pages, as well as a column to the posts list (with filtering options), would make the whole suggestion process much easier to browse.

1 Comment
David_Roulin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have no particular opinion about who should set this field: whether the OP or the forum admins.

Editable by OP:
+ more democratic
+ less work for Airtable staff
- risk of not being updated
- risk of long and confusing debate threads

Editable by Airtable staff:
+ information more trustworthy
- forces Airtable staff to maintain progress data both in their internal issue tracker AND the community forum
- risk of community backlash if features marked “complete” by staff when use case is subject to interpretation