Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mark views as retired or inactive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hailey_Pate
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My team uses the embed feature a lot! We often leverage table views in order to deliver embeds to meet our needs.

We maintain documents online as a way of archiving our past work, and many of these docs contain airtable embeds. When we work with our base and have too many table views, it can be hard to find the views we’re looking for.

I don’t want to delete the views because I suspect this would break the embeds that we have published in our online docs.

It would be great if we could mark a view as “retired”, “archived”, or “inactive”… such that the view becomes grayed out or less obvious in a table’s views picklist. That way, our team has an easier time finding the views we want to work on, but the content of views we’re no longer editing continues to be served to embeds, etc.

1 Comment
Mark_Morgan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello @Hailey_Pate, one possible simple approach is just to drop and drag the inactive views to the end of the list (use the icon at the far left of the name that looks like lines).

You might in addition try renaming the views to append something descriptive in front, like “(Inactive) VIew A” as well to further note them. This should not break the embed since the link doesn’t make reference to the view name. Experiment with one and see how it works.

Hope that helps.