Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multi-table queries?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jyrki_Keisala
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am 100% sure this has been asked for before, but couldn’t find the exact feature request. So, basically, what would make Airtable around 67% better (and it is a very good tool already!), would be to allow a table to populate based on running a (possibly multi-table) query.

Let me explain my need in detail. I’m using Airtable to track the results of a pair dance competition. The competition is held in a “peer review way”, ie. all males in a group will dance with all the females in the same group. After a brief dance together, both score points for their dance partner.

Example: Semifinal Group A has 5 males (M) and 8 females (F). Every male will need to dance with every female. I would need a “query”, which auto-populates its records like this:

M1 F1
M1 F2

M1 F8
M2 F1

M2 F8

M5 F8
F1 M1

F1 M5
F1…M1

This query-generated table then serves as a base for me to mark the given scores for each dancer.

This query is pretty basic in SQL, but I haven’t yet found a way to do it AUTOMATICALLY in Airtable.