Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering โ€“ is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Make sure you donโ€™t have any empty text blocks or data fields elsewhere on the page that makes your Block take up more than 1/2 of your configured page size. (Itโ€™s easy to create a text block, intentionally or not, and mistakenly leave it sitting empty. You may need to select blank areas of your page to see if a text block or field unexpectedly appears.) Your data fields, as well, should be configured to be no larger than your largest anticipated text output; itโ€™s also easy to configure a field definition to be larger than needs be, with a few lines of text at the top and dead space below.

Those are the simple reasons this might not be working for you โ€” and I canโ€™t help with the complex ones, because your approach has always worked for me. In either list or grid print mode I get multiple records on one pageโ€ฆ

Elisa_James
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Really need Page Designer to be able to continue on multiple pages. We want to provide a transaction list and itโ€™s longer than a page. Need to be able to position the continuing data on the next page. Just making the page longer isnโ€™t a viable solution.

enrico_caioli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any news about this topic ?
Multipage function could be a game-changer

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Just thought I would throw this workaround out thereโ€ฆ Have you ever tried WebMerge? It allows you to upload a fillable PDF, then using Zapier you can choose which Airtable fields should be fed into which fields on the PDF. You can then email that pdf in another step to the zap, or even attach it to your record.

Downfalls:

• Depending on the range of info from record to record, it might not work for you to always use the same static PDF. I do love the way Page Designer can dynamically resize the grids for linked records, and a PDF doesnโ€™t have that functionality (at least not that I can wrap my head aroundโ€ฆ :slightly_smiling_face: )
  • WebMerge costs are a bit discouraging. However they do allow 5 merges per month with a free trial, and all the test versions you do are free as well :slightly_smiling_face:

All of that being said, if Page Designer could allow for multiple pages that would be wonderful. I also would love to see integrations worked in for Blocks - it would be great to automate the process of saving a pdf of the page designer record and attaching to a record or emailing it.

Mason_Alley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Needed feature.

Related - is there a way to set fields so that they can scale in size? I have a display of teams that should scale up or down depending on the size of the team. Right now thereโ€™s either too much blank space, it fits correctly, or the records are cut off because there are more than the allotted space. If I set size based on largest record, then I would definitely end up with too much blank space on all other teams.

enrico_caioli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I looked at WebMerge but is too expensive for me.
Iโ€™m already paying for airtable :slightly_smiling_face:

I only think that if Page Designer evolved for allowing multiple pages and saving the page as pdf, the difference would be substantial.

Kath_Nyborg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for this! It worked perfectly!

Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ultradoc is another option for merging and outputting different kinds of documents.

Alex_Evers

+1 Would be awesome to have this feature!

Amos_Clifford
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree this is essential. A more fully-featured page designer block would:

1. Allow headers and page numbers per record
  2. Allow multiple pages per record
  3. Allow fields to resize and flow per field length at runtime.
    Thank you amazing Webflow Team!