Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering โ€“ is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
Omair_Quraishi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

April 17, 2020

Responsive, Multi-Page Designer please. Each candidate record has a lot of variable data. In some cases I have huge blank spaces so that text doesnโ€™t overlap with records with lots of data in them.

It would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Omair

Jinchen_Fan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 million! Please have multi-page please! We spent so much time on this already. It will be a nightmare for us If it cannot have multi-page function.

Tamir_Shklaz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Multi page would be a life saver.

Mark_Barnes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 from me too. Multiple pages and fields that can grow are essential to make Page Designer truly useful.

Bout_A_Bout
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If you create an invoice, be sure to limit the number of line itemsโ€ฆ unless it wonโ€™t work.
Sometimes Airtable can be very disapointing.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Formstack Documents lets you create multiple-page documents (PDF files or Word files), and you can communicate with it via the Formstack Documents Block.

Now granted, Formstack Documents is pretty expensive, although theyโ€™ve lowered their prices recently. It used to cost $100 per month for only 10 documents, but now itโ€™s $32 per month for 30 documents.

For a cheaper but less integrated option, you could use DocuPilot along with this extension: PDF and Document Generator for Airtable.

Jason_Woodruff

So far as I can tell Formstack integration supports creating a document from a single record.
I think Iโ€™m going to have to .csv download my table and find an alternative for document generation that doesnโ€™t create lots of whitespace or cut off the records.

Lynnsey_Schneid

I have been using Airtable on a free plan for work and personal projects, for about 18 months and itโ€™s brilliant for creating and managing content.

I have been considering upgrading from the free plan to get access to Blocks, primarily Page Designer. I have delayed doing so because I canโ€™t find enough info on how it actually works.

I would want to use it for multi-page documents (think of something like a recipe book), which would typically have one page per row. I would also want to create single page documents with extensive control over the layout.

From what I can see here, Page Designer doesnโ€™t come close to being able to do either of these, so it doesnโ€™t make sense for me to upgrade.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but my work is equal part creating and managing content, and presenting it visually, so while Airtable really ticks the box on the content part, I am struggling to find a solution for the presentation.

Dave_Draftsman

Disappointed in this limited functionality to say the least.

Come on @Airtable, we need multi-page paper space per entry in the Page Designer block.

Rich_Cleeve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1000 for this. There are not that many documents/reports that fit on one page.