Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering โ€“ is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
Troop_300_Thund
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same issue as many of you. I have records that some are large and the table Airtable formats are too big. I could probably fit all my lists on the page if I could format the table smaller, otherwise, I too need multi-page documents.

PJ_Duffy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be very useful

papparaziz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This was a great idea but the problem I am facing is with the resolution of the attachment. The attachment is a PDF and when I add it and increase itโ€™s size to fit the โ€œextraโ€ page it gets blurry. Any thoughts on how to avoid this problem?

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Depends on the source and format of the PDF. If the PDF is merely a carrier medium for scanned images โ€” like the redacted Mueller Report โ€” youโ€™re pretty much at the mercy of whoever created the PDFโ€”

โ€” actually, youโ€™re pretty much at the mercy of whoever created the PDF, regardless. If that person is you, check your settings for PDF generation and increase the resolution of the finished PDF. If the PDF is largely text- rather than image-based and editable, you might be able to open it with Acrobat or some other PDF editor and resave it at a higher res. Both LibreOffice and WPS Office Suite are free packages offering such functionality, although I have little experience with that feature on either. (I use LibreOffice for most writing, spreadsheet, and presentation work, but I find Iโ€™m turning more and more to WPS for presentations and, especially, animation for video.)

papparaziz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks! But that might not work for my use case as I am receiving the PDF from customers as a form input so sadly I am at their mercy. These PDFs are resumes and are largely text converted to pdf.

Arthur_Godiva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this feature. Using current workaround of setting custom page size but then printing letter.

Christopher_Ba1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here. I created 3 dynamic pages to combine with 3 other static pages then merge all into 1 pdf file. However, the pages created with Word and Page Designer always come out different sizes when converted to pdf even if I set them to the same page size in printing or in the document settings. Please add multiple pages capabilities for Page Designer. Thank you.

James_Stephenso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an application which can have several hundred line items in a table, each consisting of up to 10 columns.

I have a Table View which shows all the data I wish to publish - is it not possible to create an element in Page Designer which automatically presents that table with all the line items visible in the sort and grouping order selected in the table view?

The issues I have with Page Designer at present are:

• no way to adjust the size of columns - this is happening automatically and is not always how I want it
  • time consuming adding in all the columns and getting them in the correct order when this has already been done in the Table View.
  • I have to add every line item one by one - which is time consuming for hundreds of items. Could there be a feature to add all items?
  • The Table element in Page Designer needs to flow across multiple pages and automatically repeat column headings on each page, as well as have header and footer functionality.

Looking forward to seeing these features becoming available. :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Alex_Norton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just signed up. Are there any instructions? I cannot seem to find how to start.

Scott_Cate
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

These two items would provide much more flexibility.

1. Multipage lists. This solves data rows that exceed what can be printed on a a single page. Examples include 100 or 10,000 inventory items.

2. Ability to ingest one page into another page designer, with the primary page feeding a datasource to the nested page. Then a single page(block?) could be reused in many places (imagine a product card, used in many other pages).

Thank you for your consideration.