Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New Block idea - Form for adding new record

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Nick_Burrus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to have the Add record form in a block, so people can easily add data while viewing the spreadsheet.

14 Comments
Spencer_Maybee
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The big win would be to be able to create layouts like this, but which also serve for data entry, not just display. Thatโ€™s the thing that I was dreaming of when I made the Forms view request. So you were right on the money when you interpreted it as a mix of Page Designer and Forms view. Imagine how useful it would be if you could design your data entry page and label it for volunteers or other users so that they could easily participate in the project and help generate the data for the base! Anyhow, Airtable is evolving constantly so I look forward to seeing how they handle this idea.

Wayne_Saucier

+1 for a Form Block. In my opinion, the ability to see current/past records at the same time as youโ€™re adding a new record (via a Form) is basically a prerequisite to a modern, best-practice user experience. Flipping back and forth between tabs (waitโ€“did I already create this record? what was the naming convention Iโ€™ve been using for this field? what did I estimate for effort for the last task/project similar to this one?) is very sub-optimal.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Wayne,

Weโ€™re beta testing a new feature that lets you view content from other web pages on your blocks dashboard with an embed block. Just enter a URL and the page, video, livestream, feed, post, or widget will appear in a frame on your dashboard. You could use this feature to embed an Airtable form in your blocks dashboard so you can add new records via the form while working in another view in your base.

If youโ€™re interested in trying this out, weโ€™d love for you to request beta access through this form: https://airtable.com/shrLK2dGvhx46S6bU

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi there! I wanted to let you know that the embed block has officially launched today, and is available to all pro and enterprise plan customers. If you participated in our beta testing for this block, thank you for your time!

If any questions come up around using this block, feel free to email us at support@airtable.com