Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New Field: Color ๐ŸŒˆ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Iโ€™d like to suggest and request a new, COLOR field, that can be set to accept various color values/standards, previewing the resulting color full-cell.

At minimum, Iโ€™d expect this field to support the same color strings/syntax as the current Color Palette block, but ideally many more color standards. A deal with Pantone/X-Rite would allow PMS/TCX lookup, something weโ€™ve had to build-out manually, and without the benefit of any real end-to-end color management.

Adding this would make Airtable the immediate leader within the creative/product sector. We deal with color calculations daily.

Thanks!!

A.

6 Comments
W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I started to draft a similar suggestion โ€” much more poorly, though โ€” yesterday, thinking it could make a nice addition to a base used to maintain inventory of any sort of accumulation. In particular, I was thinking of the clothing items in my Wardrobe Manager base, but the ability to sort and arrange items by like or complimentary colors would have much applicability. I realize my needs and your are somewhat orthogonal, but I would expect the underlying code to be similar.

Iโ€™d like to lobby for a โ€˜eye-dropperโ€™ color-pick mechanism, as well.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Agreed, the ability to filter and group by color, and to control the granularity, would be amazing! Combined with the Vision Block, Airtable could become a lightweight product DAM or color LUT.

Luke_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™d just like to be able to enter a hex code in a field and be able to see some kind of visual indication of what that color looks like, and maybe to have a color picker that could pop up to change what the entered hex code

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hexadecimal is fine for web/dev use, I guess. I could see an implementation like Slackโ€™s. But doesnโ€™t begin to address our color needs. We work in many colorspaces; TCX/TPX, through LAB/RGB/PMS, to GRACoL.

sam_sun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Almost the end of the year. Hoping this feature gets implemented soon.

AliceLaRenarde
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Emmett_Nicholas are you considering this feature ? Thank you !