Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Non US Phone formats needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Parke
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Now, I know there are 300 million of you Americans and that’s a big market - BUT - we need phone formats that work for other countries! First up should be Australia - where the phone format is landline (XX) xxxx xxxx and mobiles are (04xx) xxx xxx. Please?

46 Comments
David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In addition, it would be nice if this field could support raw US numbers containing “+1” that are copied & pasted into Airtable. For example, if I copy & paste +15555555555 from a CSV, I would like it to be formatted in a more readable format [perhaps “+1 (555) 555-5555” or “1-555-555-5555”] or have the option of selecting the display format like other field types provide.

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this. Would be great to set our default formatting for phone numbers.
Australian here too

John_Pope
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also agreed re default formatting for international (especially Australian) phone numbers! Was wondering if there is an approximate ETA on this feature?

Barnaby_Bracham

I’d like to support this request. French phone numbers are also 10-digit, but they are typically formatted by twos (01 23 45 67 89).

Bart_Froyen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 also Belgian phone numbers (+32 xxx xx xx xx format) needed. Perhaps field formats can be updated in the settings page where you can choose your locale?
thanks
Bart

Adrien_Jorge
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I support the need for international phone number and we too would love to have that. Yet, I believe there are better solutions than the one proposed above.

What not to do
1/ The format must not be defined at the field level, otherwise, in a contact table, we’ll need a field for US numbers, another for FR numbers, another for AU numbers…
2/ The format must make the phone number unique. Those days, people use more phone than email hence, phone makes more sense as a unique key than email. But phone is only unique with its prefix +1… for US, +33… for France, +65 for Singapore.

What the solution could look like
1/ Have a flag for prefix left to the local phone numbers. The gold standard is something similar to this: https://intl-tel-input.com/
2/ Can add some conditional logic for pre-selecting the flag: could be admin defined at base level or user level, could be user location, could be user local.

Vaite_Leprince

A customization of phone format exactly like you did for Dates is what I’d need. Thanks!

Alba_Losada
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from Spain we need to have a phone validation at least

Gary_Brookes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this even on the roadmap? Originally posted request was 4.5 years ago?
This is an annoying issue that ignores your non-US customers.

Doug_Parke

Yes, I agree this is extremely frustrating. Airtable need to look at what happened at Evernote when they stopped listening to their customers. A long road back.