Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Number Fields = Number Keyboard in Forms on Mobile

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

I’d like to request that when a number or currency field is selected in a public Form on a mobile device, the selection trigger the launching of the native number keypad, rather than the text keyboard. These fields only allow numeric input, so it would be much more convenient, on a mobile device, if I did not have to tap the 123 button (iOS) to switch to the number keyboard before entering data.

Currently, number and currency fields are implemented as <input type="text">. If they were implemented as <input type="number">, I’m pretty sure they would trigger the keyboard to launch as the number keyboard by default.

I’m sure there is some technical implementation reason why Airtable chose to implement them as text fields, but I’d still like to put this out there as a feature request, for the sake of user-convenience… Airtable, if you can figure out how to make it work with semantic number fields, it would be kind of nice :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Comments
J_M
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would be super helpful. We use the form to actively enter a lot of numbers and it really slows things down having to use the standard keyboard.

Maurice10
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to see this. Are there any workarounds anyone has found?

Boschidar_Ganev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this request. I would also like to see forms open a number keypad on a mobile device when the field type is numeric. That would improve usability quite a bit!

Sina_Bagci

Hands down! Switching into numbers is overkill.

Aurelien
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature would be terrific, it is so essential on phones/tablets!

There is also a comma/dot mistake possible depending on region.
Is the Numeric keypad a solution or is this problem the reason why the numeric keypad is not implemented?

RomainR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Almost 3 years, so sad this feature does not exists on Airtable