Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Number format (##,###,###.##) with comma or other separators

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mark_Marsiglio1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

For readability it would be nice to be able to present numbers (especially large ones) with separators such as commas. Custom defined number formats would be even better (regex).

62 Comments
George_Kazakos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In need of this feature too please!!

Michel_Tandrup
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sighโ€ฆ If after 4 years, this is still not fixed, it will never happen. What a hopeless support from Airtable.

Marius_SERGENT
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The only workaround iโ€™ve found is to replace dots and commas with a Script block to match the Airtable format.
There is an example of search and replace inside de block documentation.

Daniel_Barnes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m a heavy Podio user and was looking for an alternative to learn some new exciting software. I want to use 1,5 as one and a half. NOT 1.5 as one and a half. Is this not possible in Airtable? Am I understanding this thread right?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you are understanding right.

Unfortunately, the Airtable team is 100% USA based, so my guess is that they didnโ€™t realize that dozens of countries around the globe use different number and currency formatting.

But the real disappointment for me is that they still havenโ€™t fixed the problem, after 4 years of complaints from international customers โ€” many of whom have simply moved onto other products. And it would be such an easy fix for Airtable to implement.

So, unfortunately, youโ€™d have to manually figure out your own solution for this: either create a formula to convert your numbers, or automate something with JavaScript or Integromat.

@Taylor_Savage @Jason @raghavsethi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your claim is pretty weird. There are no other countries on the globe of America.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Lol, this is so true! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tom1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Other formats like ###.###,00 me too please!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Please be sure to email support@airtable.com with your requests for this feature, too!

As a team that is 100% USA-based, they are apparently unaware of other countries! :man_shrugging:t2: :winking_face:

Rodrigo_Assael
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So? What needs to be done for this to happen???