Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Feature parity across clients

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I’m the Airtable evangelist in my company and am trying to get enough people to use it that we can invest properly in it across our employees.

A struggling block the users I’ve introduced Airtable to are running up against is that you can’t do everything everywhere.

Here’s the individual bits of feedback I’ve collated from the team that have frustrated them:

• Can’t use the calendar view in apps
  • Can’t use the gallery view in apps
  • Can’t see grouped records in apps
  • Can’t edit forms in apps
  • Can’t use forms in-app as a quick method of data input
  • Can’t use Kanban view in apps
  • Can’t use the more powerful web interface in Safari on the iPad Pro
3 Comments
Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It’s because they aren’t in the beta program. You are obviously in the beta program and most of those features aren’t released to the public yet.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

The only one of these on the beta track is the Kanban view. Everything else is in the public release.

Mark_Morgan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Matt_Sayward, I agree with your assessment. It’s especially confusing in that the grouping feature in iOS “appears” to work at first blush because it doesn’t give you the little pop-up box saying this feature is only supported on the desktop like it does for form, gallery and calendar views. But, of course, a quick check reveals the grouping has not occurred at all.

Consistency across platforms in terms of feature set I concur is critical to convincing users to transition. Even if those features are deployed slightly different due to the constraints of the platform that would still be acceptable. Hopefully the Airtable team has this on their “to do” list.