Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

On-premise, self-hosted version

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mustafa_Kaplan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I know the strategy of Airtable is SaaS and have no plans for self-hosted version. However, at least a version allowing the database to be kept locally will do great work. Whether it is a MongoDB or SQL, a selection to keep data on-premises can help a lot for both business-wise and performance-wise. And I guess it will not be that hard to develop such a feature.

Thanks !

6 Comments
Stephen_Hauck
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Besides data security the best reason for this is to be able to extend the functionality of Airtableโ€ฆ

Beth_Livingston
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, please. I live an area where net connectivity can be spotty at times, and I NEED my data. I was told when I signed up that a downloadable version (beyond just a CSV) was under consideration.

PLEASE make this happen.

Oli_Steadman
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Iโ€™m a long-term user and non-stop advocate; canโ€™t stop telling folks how much I love Airtable, as I continue to come up with my own use cases and assist others develop theirsโ€ฆ However I have to hold back when talking with enterprise folks, for whom data must legally be held on-prem instead of in-cloud. Itโ€™s a major disappointment not to be able to share this amazing product with those people & businesses.

I understand itโ€™s not even in the pipeline: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/202576389-Can-Airtable-be-hosted-on-premise-

It could be so powerful as an on-premise enterprise product, making it possible for companies to store & interact with data that is legally required to be held on-prem according to their Service License Agreements. Til that happens, weโ€™ll have to continue patching together a solution as close to โ€œAirtable-esqueโ€ as possibleโ€ฆ

Keen to meet any Enterprise folks open to conducting an analysis of just how much Airtable might save their business/project by e.g. removing the need for a paid Trello membership, paid Typeforrm membership, etc. This may be a way of getting the on-prem idea promoted up the rankings of #product-suggestions :thinking:

Marco
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Itโ€™s too bad they do not offer this as a possibility since I too would prefer to use my own storage to secure my data. I have a secure NAS and use OwnCloud already to store all my documents/files etc. Adding Airtable to that would be fantastic and preferable.

Liz_Bathrick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I love AirTable, but cannot use it because most of our work cannot be done โ€œon the cloudโ€ due to security restrictions with our government clients. Would definitely be interested in a on-premise solution.

yanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

For anybody still looking for a solution, I built this as a way to set up two-way syncs between Airtable and MongoDB or Postgres: https://www.usebracket.com/

The upshot is that you can use Bracket automatically maintain a self-hosted DB that mirrors your Airtable at all times.

Hope this helps โ€“ shoot me an email at ian@usebracket.com if youโ€™re curious!