Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Org chart: export as PDF [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Org charts are immensely useful, especially for recreating sitemaps such as in my use case.
It would also be immensely useful to be able to share/embed the block without having to share the entire table, but in the meantime an “Export to PDF” option should do it.

Also useful for exporting to PDF:

• a toggle to expand all records
  • multiple “secondary” fields, in the same way Kanban views work.
19 Comments
Danny_Sanchez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m sitting here stitching together screenshots. Please make this happen!

Corbett_Magotra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add exporting/printing Blocks as an option!

michael_colacin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also request print feature in org chart block. Having to do a screen capture for the org chart is a poor way to communicate this useful block!

Patrick_Esmonde
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, all the blocks need to be exportable in either PDF/PNG/JPG format.

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Welcome to the community @michael_colacino

Indeed! Multiple screen captures, then pasting into Microsoft Word set to an A3 size landscape page, then save as PDF => painful. This morning it took nearly 30 minutes just for one org chart block. I would do this task much more frequently if we could do it more directly from the blocks themselves. PDF/print for blocks would enable speedy updates to share with stakeholders, and help line the walls of our project war rooms. :winking_face:

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I seem to have access to the org chart block export as PDF (beta). It’s brilliant! Anyone else tried it yet?

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi folks! As @Vernon_Fowler alluded to, we were recently beta-ing an export to PDF function for org chart, which we’ve just officially released for everyone. It’s pretty straightforward—you should now see an Export PDF button in your org chart blocks. (If you don’t see one, try reloading the block.)

export-to-pdf-button

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Nice!!
Much anticipated feature – thank you @Airtable!

marcpbcup
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping thread.

Org Charts and Gantt Views have export PDF options.  What about the rest of the views?  Kanban? Timeline? Gallery?

It would be great if ALL views had an export PDF/image export option alongside the Options for [Share View] --> [Create Link to View] / [<> Embed this View ]