Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Organizing Saved Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Magoon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Good morning,

I am wondering if there is a feature which can allow us to organize our views? What I mean is I have made a number of views and I would like to organize them like a page tree. For example:

Most used
-view
-view
-view

Leadership Views
-view
-view
-view

You can see this list is getting longโ€ฆ it would be great to bucket them and be able to collapse them when not needed?

64 Comments
Mark_Schad
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello community/developers,

Iโ€™ll begin by saying I love this product. My colleagues love this product. Weโ€™re now beginning a journey to hopefully migrate our business away from Excel and into Airtable and I canโ€™t wait to have our data in a cloud environment with an simple and easy to use API.

Unfortunately, this means that our flagship application (the venerable sales log) is being looked at by more eyes, from more angles and that means more views! Too many views if you ask me, but I am but a humble in-house developer.

I would love it I could somehow organise the views drop-down into logical categories or groups, to make browsing for the easier. I know thereโ€™s a search field (indeed, thereโ€™s a search field just about everywhere you could possibly want one) which is great for me, but some users prefer to see a finite set of options before them so they can find their way there.

Thanks!

tl;dr: I would like to organise the views drop-down into collapsible groups.

Mathias_Elmose
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like that too!

Also i would like to be able to add certain people to a view. Like you have personal view for only you it be great to have group view for teams that only they can edit.

Dereck_Hoekstra
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I 2nd this, great idea!! I have some tables with 30-40 views in them, it would be soooo helpful to be able to organize them in folders or be able to group them in some sort of collapsible view.

nnnnneil
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

+1 for this. The ability to group the views would be the next thing Iโ€™d like to see in the UI. E.g. a group to put all the zapier views that are used for automation.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this. This would save a great deal of time and prevent a great deal of confusion for our use-cases, too.

Michael_Schuman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for being able to group views or have folders, etc. One of the things I use airtable for is price lists. I would like to be able to group customers in the same level together, along with many other groupings. Love the product! Keep up the good work.

Michael_Van_Sta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

We need folder views for different initiatives and/or teams working out of the same base

Alexis_Moore-Jo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

:heavy_plus_sign: :one: for a method to group saved views.

Felix_Lonergan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
This would make life much easier for tables with many views, and would encourage people to follow good base design and combine multiple similar tables into views of one table. Currently, following this design can result in a completely unwieldy number of views.

MichaelS

:heavy_plus_sign: :heavy_plus_sign: :heavy_plus_sign:

This would be IMMENSELY helpful. Please implement this.