Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Page Designer Block - Incorrect Alignment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We are starting to implement using the Page Designer Block to create “Sell Sheets” for our vehicle inventory. While I can see that there are numerous benefits to this feature, one thing is throwing me off.

The page alignment is completely out-of-whack; the first time I tried to print, the bottom of the page was cut-off even though it was visible in the “Edit Layout” mode and the “Presentation” mode. I adjusted and got it all to fit (had to move everything up about 1.5", which is ridiculous), but the margins are still mis-aligned. I’ve attached screen shots to show the print preview vs. what I see in presentation mode.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Presentation Mode: note bottom of page and margin alignment

PRESENT.jpg

Print Preview: Margins are widened significantly

PRINT_PREVIEW.jpg

2 Comments
Stephen_Suen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AlliAlosa:

Stephen from the Blocks team here! The margins you’re seeing when you print are an unfortunate side effect of Safari, which imposes its own fixed page margins (0.25" on the top, left, and right, and 0.75" on the bottom). If you want smaller margins, you’ll have to print from another web browser to circumvent this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Thank you Stephen! I didn’t even think to try a different browser - silly me!

While I have you, would you mind if I asked another question? Is there a way to prevent the Blocks interface from popping up by default when embedding a shared base? I want my employees to have access to the Block, but they get confused when half the screen they’re used to seeing is taken up by the interface. It would be great if it could stay suppressed until they click the “Blocks” button.

Here’s what it looks like when I allow Blocks to be shared:

BLOCKS.jpg

This is what I would prefer it to look like:
SUPPRESSED.jpg

Thanks again!