Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Page Designer - Changing Settings Clears Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

If I duplicate a Page Designer Block and change the settings to point to a new table, the entire block configuration is cleared. I would expect

1. any field included in the Block configuration where an identically named field exists in the new table would remain in the duplicated Block.
  2. any field configured in the Block where an identically named field does not exist in the new table to have some sort of placeholder error display.
  3. any static text defined in the Block to remain.

While I can understand Item 2 being addressed as a new feature request, and I’d grudgingly be willing to live with Item 1 as the same, i can’t see any reason for Item 3 not to be considered a bug…

Items 1, 2, and 3 are needed for Airtable to be considered a robust development platform. Otherwise, any decision to modify or even to experiment with a different data model involving the duplication and modification of a table eradicates all effort invested in developing Page Designer Blocks associated with the table.

1 Comment
Esabatad_Daeh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m running into this exact issue right now.
I’m duplicating a Page Designer App Block and was hoping to have the new Copy reference a different table, but with similar field names.
Come to find out, as soon as I modify the settings to look at a different table, every single element and field from the original Page Designer Block has disappeared.

Has there been any update on this from the AirTable team?
I’m hoping to avoid having to spend the 2 hours +, redesigning this thing to match the original design “exactly”, just so that I can test out something that might not even get permanently implemented. :man_shrugging: