Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Page Designer- Duplicate layout to another table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jake_Tickle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Iโ€™d like to create a Layout in Page designer and use that same layout for multiple tables inside the same Base. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jake

30 Comments
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

No, there does not appear to be a way to do this - and seemingly for good reason. Unless you had two identical tables that you wanted to share the layout between, Airtable would not know which fields from the second table to map to the fields you put into the page design from the first table.

If you design a page for a โ€œPeopleโ€ table that has fields for:

• Name

and wanted to duplicate the page design for a โ€œCompanyโ€ table that has fields for:

• Name

Airtable will not know where to put data from the โ€œLocationโ€ and โ€œTradeโ€ fields. So Airtableโ€™s current UX solution is that you need to build a new design for each table that you want to represent in the Page Designer.

Jake_Tickle

Fair Enough, It would be handy to at least be able to create a template for the general layout of the page then I could populate/link the information. No big deal, I have a work around.

Thank you,
Jake

Ken_Russell

Hi Jake,

Very curious to hear what you may have come up with RE page layout. ATโ€™s form is quite primitive and weโ€™ve been spoiled by the many options offered by the likes of Filemaker.

All best,

Ken

Bradley_Fossen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™d like to +1 @Jake_Tickle 's suggestion. I spent a lot of time putting together a snazzy page in page designer. I can totally re-use it for similar tables. Think the only way I can do it is by replicating the base and repurposing the original table / linking to suit the purpose.

Jantien_Abma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What if you had different tables for months of the year that had the same records (i.e. newsletter signup, purchases, discount code usage), and wanted to create identically formatted monthly reports showcasing different results for the same categories?

If you are able to duplicate tables and their records, you should be able to duplicate the page designer formatting youโ€™ve created, as this takes ages to perfect.

Is there another easy way of creating these monthly reports via Page Designer?

Thanks

Kent_Lissack
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Jake_Tickle Iโ€™d be interested to know what youโ€™ve discovered as a work around to duplicate the formatting from one page design to another table? Thanks!

Eli_Sands
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m also interested in this feature. I work at a landscape design firm and I would like to reuse the same page designer block for different projects when I create a plant book. The field information would all be the same. Is there an easy copy and paste for this?

BrianScott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, this option is turning into a deal breaker for me. Seems when you go into Setting and then Table dropdown and change Table, fields with the same name should populate the block. Not sure why this is even an option if all fields just disappear??

Jason_Friedlan1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want to agree with these comments. I have templates I have built that use different tables in the base for data but have to rebuild every time.

I donโ€™t get Airtable sometimes. You guys say everything should be in one base so it can link, but then donโ€™t allow you to use tools within the base to use the different data in there.

Why canโ€™t I just go in and select a new view or tab and then update the data on the page that doesnโ€™t link.

Jeremy_Taylor
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Create a template document in Google Docs instead of using the Page Designer block. After the template is created, use Zapier to populate the document with data from your Airtable base. You can then copy the Zap and just change the table that it pulls from. Everything else would remain the same. I would then have the same Zap upload the document into your base. Here is how I did it.