Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Paste images from clipboard

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Morgan_Hancock
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if you could paste an image into a cell and either a thumbnail of the image appears OR a URL to the image is created and entered in the cell. If I know a document will require screenshots, I create a google doc instead of using Airtable because itโ€™s just so much easier to use cmd+ctl+shift+4 to generate a screen grab and then paste the image.

17 Comments
Robert_Maher

Thanks for the refined tip, Markus. Made all the difference for me. Pasting a screenshot into an Airtable attachment field now works on my Mac.

Saurabh_Chhajed
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Airtable Team,

Airtable is best to see the same information in multiple views as per different team person. Thatโ€™s the main point why I always recommended someone to use Airtable.

Iโ€™m working with multiples clients and the reason they donโ€™t want to use Airtable is not user-friendly in the case of the part of the image.

It seems uploading images is not a user friendly.

If you check Basecamp they provide a very easy way to upload images in the comment box or in the description field - Simply paste it anywhere.

Why someone needs it? - As if you are pointing something in your message - so it would be helpful to paste a screenshot of it. In the product or software development, this is very important.

Please add that feature as soon as possible.

Sheldon_Stewart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

can you please make this video public

Dan_Giovacchini
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How to Paste Images form your Clipboard into an Airtable Cell

Date: October 8, 2021

1. Go to Airtable Base

2. Click on an โ€œAttachmentโ€ cell Drop files here

Thatโ€™s the one with the clipboard icon

Click on an

3. :star2: Click on the TOP of Modal

This is the KEY step. For whatever reason, clicking here allows you to paste.

Click on the TOP of Modal

4. Paste from clipboard

You can just hit Ctrl-V

Paste from clipboard

5. See the Image Pasted, hit Upload

See the Image Pasted, hit Upload

6. Check out your Pasted Image in the Cell

Check out your Pasted Image in the Cell

Goce_Ristov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is nice, but wouldโ€™ve been much better if you can paste the image when just selecting the field in the table in Step 2. Basically without clicking the plus sign, but just select the field and paste.

This would be more in the spirit of Airtable intuitiveness. :slightly_smiling_face:

vincenz2023
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm amazed this is not implemented.... Asana has it, and it makes the workflow so much easier and faster.
I'm deliberately not using airtable with customers and choosing asana because of this.

vincenz2023
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also, add the ability to paste into a comment...