Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Please Add Hyperlink Formula

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_Conlow
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Google Sheets has a formula called Hyperlink.
HYPERLINK(url, [link_label])
Example
HYPERLINK(“http://www.google.com/”, “Google”)
Where url is The full URL of the link location enclosed in quotation marks, or a reference to a cell containing such a URL.

and link_label - [optional] is the text to display in the cell as the link, enclosed in quotation marks, or a reference to a cell containing such a label.

It would be helpful if airtable could do this too.
My use case: Zapier finds new google docs in a special folder and adds records to an airtable which includes TITLE and URL. I have a view of that table that is embedded on my internal google site so that all new content in that folder (medical protocols) are available to my staff. It would be quite nice to have one field (a clickable link) rather than two - the title and an ugly url.

Please like this post to help it raise to the top!

60 Comments
Maurice
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can’t move most of my GSheets to Airtable until this is supported. Three main reasons:

1. Having a string placeholder for a URL is simply easier to understand and friendly to look at
  2. It makes collaboration easier, as people don’t need to recognise a URL, they simply see this is an “Article” url, or “Doc” url.
  3. Right now without hyperlink, you can’t import URLs from GSheets as it loses all the links you’ve added

I can’t wait for this to be added, it’s really the last missing piece for me to switch to Airtables extensively.

Bill_Bither
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is an important feature for us as well, to allow linking back to an app based on ID.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I would really like this feature as well. This will allow for more user-friendly looking shared tables.

I.e. If I have a public base/table, visitors can see “Visit Website” or “Open Article” instead of a long or ugly url. Plus, as your suggestion is a formula, it would allow combinations with IF() functions to get display text customized for each record.

harry_simon

Would love a hyperlink feature!! Would make the page renderings so much greater

Brian_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • 1 for this! Desperately needed.
Lauren_Poole
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, please add hyperlinks!!!

Jessee_Fish
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

100% this. Despite all the fancy bells and whistles I love about Airtable, this missing feature is keeping my team and I chained to Google Docs.

mrmobius
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

real question not trolling, how does the URL field or formula field not serve your needs? I use URL fields and formula fields to dynamic generate clickable URLs constantly. I’m misunderstanding your needs I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

For me, its an aesthetics thing. I’d rather have Open Article be in visible than https://la.curbed.com/2017/3/2/14797866/los-angeles-rams-stadium-construction-chargers-inglewood

Rene_Galindo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m using the URL field but I’d prefer to add a URL to any plain text. Is this really not possible?