Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Possibility to search in shared views on smartphone

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Berber
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. I think that it will be very useful to have a built-in search in shared views (grid as well as gallery view) available from mobile phones. Sharing database with lot of information without possibility to find specific data makes shared view useless in some way. And since using Airtable from a mobile is a daily routine, the ability to search the database seems to me to be a feature of first necessity. I know that it possible to use browser โ€œfind on a pageโ€, but that not so obvious and requires two additional clicks.

Also, search in shared base is not always working well. Latest Chrome on Xiaomi mi9:

1. The search result overlaps other elements of the page (grid view).
    Screenshot 2021-12-11 131131

2. Search button just not working (gallery view, page refreshing didnโ€™t help), video:
    https://ru.files.fm/f/hnv5tm68s

P.S. Similar suggestion from 2017:

Hi there, Loving Airtable guys, really great work! Got a request / question: I want to share a grid view with a sales team who will primarily be viewing the base on their mobile devices. The base is large (around 2000 records) so a search function is essential, however whilst search is available on the desktop shared view it isnโ€™t available on the mobile shared view. Is there any plans to introduce this? Or even better, a workaround? Thanks Ross
2 Comments
Cara_Van_Meter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Totally agree! Most of my teams are using mobile way more than desktop. In a fast-paced production environment, itโ€™s just not feasible to go to a desktop every time they need to look something up, but without the search functionality, itโ€™s also not feasible to find the info they need on mobile. We desperately need this very basic functionality added for shared views on mobile!

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

'+ 1 for this feature request. Just made a digital directory, shared it, but not searchableโ€ฆ :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: