Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Prefill a hidden form field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m using forms for user research and I would like to segment answers from different customer groups, similar to how survey monkey allows you to create different links to the same survey and segment answers accordingly. In this case I want to create I want to create different forms with the same questions, but which have a hidden pre-filled field called “Origin”, prefilled with values like “Facebook”, “Internal” or “Newsletter”, so I can backtrack what kinds of answers come from which channel.

Being able to prefill fields that are hidden from the form would allow me do do this inside of Airtable rather than go to a more complicated tool like Survey Monkey.

Best,
Oli

62 Comments
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sweeet! Very gratifying to see a wish fulfilled.
Users can still technically see the field and the value, but the page looks much nicer this way

paulo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We have built a form that integrates with Airtable and it also provides support for prefilling hidden fields.

@Oliver_Holtz wrote:

I’m using forms for user research and I would like to segment answers from different customer groups, similar to how survey monkey allows you to create different links to the same survey and segment answers accordingly. In this case I want to create I want to create different forms with the same questions, but which have a hidden pre-filled field called “Origin”, prefilled with values like “Facebook”, “Internal” or “Newsletter”, so I can backtrack what kinds of answers come from which channel.

Being able to prefill fields that are hidden from the form would allow me do do this inside of Airtable rather than go to a more complicated tool like Survey Monkey.

Best,
Oli

You do not need to create separate for each platform. You just need to adjust the prefill URL on each platform accordingly.