Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Provide "equals" or "matches exactly" option for Filtered View based on Linked field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chester_McLaugh
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I have {Events} linked to {Program} and if I attempt to filter {Events} based on the {Program} I can’t require it to match exactly, I can only specify “contains” which means “womens”, “fishermens”, and “mens” will ALL be returned if I specify “mens”—so there’s essentially no way to created a Filtered View just showing the events belonging to the “mens” program.

e3d6f64f6d22790ddea27b64e4abebb4c9bfff58.png

4 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll pass it onto the team. In the meantime, you can create additional filters with “does not contain” to narrow down your search.

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 11.23.38 AM.png

Kirk_Springer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. This feels like a glaring omission unless it’s limited to paid accounts.

drassi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Very easy fix for this, just create a formula field that simply contains the value of the Linked Record field you are trying to exactly match. Then, you will be able to filter with the exact “is…” option on that formula field. Works great, I used this regularly.

Travis_Tubbs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This topic was created just over 5 years ago and, unfortunately, this is still an issue.

I have a Linked Record column called Team with values like “All teams”, “Support”, “Support Tier 1”, “Support Tier 2”, and other values. If I create a filter rule saying [Team][contains][Support], it’s going to include the Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams.

A suggested workaround is to also use the [does not contain] operator. This is fine if you don’t want to add any other values. In my case, I want just the values “All teams” and “Support”. This means I’d have to do something like (Team contains "All teams OR (Team contains “Support” AND Team does not contain "Support ")). As you can see, that would require a nested filter which Airtable doesn’t support.

Creating a formula was another suggestion provided but creating custom formulas for each specific view I want to create is not a viable (or scalable) workaround.