Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

"Row Color" Field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Weโ€™d like entire rows to be highlighted in a given color based on the color of a single-select choice in a field/column that has been designated the โ€œrow colorโ€ field.

6 Comments
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

You could then easily group by colorโ€ฆ Which is easy now, but not nearly as visual.

paul_phillips
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agree with this.

More widely, I think the overall presentation of the table elements of Airtable could be improved. For instance, rather than having horizontal lines in the table, Iโ€™d like to have alternate white row then shaded row for use when embedding the tables into a website

Karl_Hosking
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am very surprised that I canโ€™t give โ€œSingle Line Textโ€ either a text colour or a background colour.

Linked tables are going to look very โ€œiconโ€ blue & drab indeed. :worried:

Kim_Trager1
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

It would really make the whole user experience so much better is you could color entire rows to group data visually

Allison_Medoff
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I also would like a color option for individual cells and to be able to change the text color.

Darin_Bellisari
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 would really like to be able to color or grey out/italicize entire rows to separate them out visually.
The problem with simulating this via grouping by a calculated field is that when you group by a calculated field you can no longer add new entries, which is cumbersome