Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Repeating events in calendar view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart_cliffe
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. I’m setting up a timetable of 1, 2 and 3-day conferences and already posted that I need to show the duration of an event as well as the start date. Some of these events are also regular meetings - weekly, monthly, annually; or on a specific day of the week/ day/ month - 1st Tuesday, last Friday, that sort of thing.

I really need a fully configurable repeating option to add as part of a ‘from & to’ date entry!

17 Comments
Evan_Kirsh

Same here!

For our instance we have tasks that need repeating on a daily basis for a specified period. We treat stray dogs and need to have a repeating event for administration of medications.

Thanks

John_Vasko

Any update on this? Just setting up my table. This would be useful

Jeannette_Casta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here - any update on this?

clarklab

+1

Would LOVE to see a “repeat” field, or maybe as an option when setting a date. Being able to set weekly/month repeating task that show up on the calendar would be a HUGE bonus.

Megan_Dunagan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be amazing and I have an addition: for “repeats” to not show up many times in Grid view, but only as an option within a cell.

juliedeily
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to see a repeating event option too. I was thinking of doing an editorial calendar for food holidays…this would be so helpful!

Harvey_Spector
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 would be a great add

Ben_Worley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 This would be a great feature to emulate the recurrences options you see in outlook/gmail

118_GROUP

We stopped waiting for this to happen.
We created a table and added 3 additional fields to track recurrence:

Occur Weekly (Options Monday - Sunday)
Occur Monthly (Day of the Month - Example the 1st)
Occur Annually. (Day of the Year - Example 12/1 Send Christmas Cards.)

We used the airtable api and a php script to figure out what was due that day and send emails. We run it once daily at 4am using a free cron tool.

You will most likely need a programmer, and if you do, I am happy to share our code with them.

danielsan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

i would love to get hold of your code please!