Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Retain formatting from Slack when copy-paste into Airtable form

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Joseph_Huson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Iโ€™d really love the ability to copy and paste text and emojis (externally) into an Airtable form. I currently copy and paste a lot of Slack messaging into Airtable forms and the formatting doesnโ€™t carry through. By what Iโ€™ve researched, it appears Slack uses Markdown so thatโ€™s why it may not translate??

Wondering if thereโ€™s a workaround or if that can also be incorporated into Airtableโ€™s functionality (receive HTML or Markup info and retain formatting)

6 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable forms already allow emojis, and they also allow copying and pasting of emojis.

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey Joseph,

Welcome to the forum!

As Scott mentioned, you can copy and paste text and emoji into forms.

2022-08-12_12h56_42

Is there something else you were referring to when you said externally?

-Hannah

Joseph_Huson

Thank you for your quick response, Scott! I updated the topic to be more specific.

Joseph_Huson

Thank you for your quick response, Hannah! Iโ€™ve updated the topic to be more specific

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oh, I see what youโ€™re saying! If you copy emojis from Slack and then you paste into Airtable, you get Slackโ€™s name for that emoji surrounded by colons.

I donโ€™t know how to figure that one out (without creating the worldโ€™s longest SUBSTITUTE formula! Lol.) You would need to somehow convert the Slack emoji names to an actual emoji.

Someone smarter than me would need to figure that one out, but I did find the entire list of all the Slack emoji names here:

Joseph_Huson

Haha!! Even when I copy and paste the codes straight from that Emoji Cheat Sheet you shared it only displays the emoji code in the Airtable form. If I manually find the emoji in my keyboard it will stick, but when copy and pasting from other sources, they often only paste the emoji code name instead of the actual emoji.