Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Set Locality Preferences

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Helen_Foster-Tu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be very useful, especially when setting up new columns, to be able to set local preferences local to the user not the developers. For example, I am based in the UK, my default currency symbol is a ยฃ sign, and Local dates, an option on the Date field are not my local date format which is confusing and it therefore has to be changed on every single date column I set up to European.

2 Comments
Thierry_Gattlen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is the case with many field types: You are right, it is not the place where the developer is which is important but the place where the customer (us) live.
I see this problem with following field types: Number, Currency, date phone number (should be able to set a default country code).
This seems simple to do, I hope it will arrive soon.
But even with this limitation, Airtable is a great product

Talei_Goater
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Giving Airtable a whirl and on so many levels, sheโ€™s working a charm. Iโ€™m very close to committing and going pro, except for this issue - I realise in the big scheme of things, itโ€™s minorโ€ฆ

โ€ฆbut so utterly frustrating! Having to set the day/time format (European) each and every time, omg :frowning:

Would utterly love the ability to set defaults in my profile settings. Any chance this is now on the roadmap?