Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Smart Dates better than Google Sheets

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airship
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Most of my tables are sorted by chronological date. I’m having two issues with Airtable’s handling of dates that currently functions better in Google Sheets.

1. In Google Sheets, I prefer ISO format for dates, but can enter a date of September 8th simply as “9/8” hit return and the date willl convert to “2017-09-08” automatically. Although I prefer ISO dates, typing the full year and hyphen can become tedious after filling a multitude of fields.

2. In Google Sheets, if I have a range of dates, for example, all the days of the month of September, I can create the first cell of 2017-09-01, and in the bottom right corner if I drag down then it will autofill in date chronologically (2017-09-02, 2017-09-03, etc.)

Would be ideal if Airtable devs could implement these features.

Thanks.

4 Comments
Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

#2 is already possible using the fill handle: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/208330098-Quickly-filling-cells-using-fill-handle

airship
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Sure thing.

1. So ISO date doesn’t currently have any shortcuts?

2. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks! It appears that when has to highlight at least 2 cells to continue the date pattern. Correct?

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

So ISO date doesn’t currently have any shortcuts?

No shortcuts right now other than Cmd+; (Ctrl+; on Windows) to set to the current date.

It appears that when has to highlight at least 2 cells to continue the date pattern

Right! That’s how it determines the number of days between each cell.

airship
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Understood on both. Thanks!