Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Social (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) field type

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvdstudentunion
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all—

Hopefully an easy feature request for your consideration. In my tables, I usually put “Instagram” and “Twitter” as the “Single Line Text” field type. That creates two issues: first, people sometimes put @pvdstudentunion and other times they leave the “@” off. Second, the field doesn’t actually do anything, it just sits there. I dream about them linking to the actual profile.

Can you make a new field type that enforces a certain format and turns the text into a link to that profile? It would be exactly like the Email field, but for Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.

Actually, maybe a single “Social” field type, with each platform’s settings as a different formatting option (similar to the “Lookup” field type) would be possible, so that there aren’t a dozen new field types added for each of the different platforms.

What do you think? Thank you so much!

2 Comments
Leonardo_Cesar_
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

“Social” field type ?
by your description I understand it totally, I would want that the cell brings a name, and if you click on it it has more info, like a link, or a more detailed long name, too
its not required to be a “social” field type but these hyperlink features would be fantastic, I second that

Elizabeth_Below
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

YES! I’ve been adding a lot of Twitter handles to records lately, and the few clicks to remove the pop-up for adding a Collaborator is very very annoying. I’d love to throw a Twitter handle into a field and it would automatically add the “https://twitter.com/” to the beginning for an automatic link to their profile. !!!