Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If โ€œMet at a conferenceโ€ is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldnโ€™t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
Dylan_Cunniffe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This, this, this!

It would be super helpful to have such โ€˜Dynamic Filterโ€™.

For my use case especially, I want to use Airtable as an Attendence Register for our retail stores. Having employees be filtered by store (which would be chosen earlier in the form) would make life much easier for those at store level as well as help reduce mistakes.

Klaus_Becker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

not only useful, essential for proper forms usage!! +1 โค๏ธ

a nice answer from the team would be awesome too ^^

Steven_Hambleto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I made this request via online chat so please add my support for this!

One thing to add is that you could group fields to be triggered by the value of a specific field (like a checkbox or single select field (Yes|No).

Steve_Roumeliot
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This will be a 100% useful feature and many of use is waiting for it to stop using third-party form apps.

Sharmam
5 - Automation Enthusiast

###Views and permissions can do both###
For several months now, this request and the one from this link below are pretty much asking the same thing. For our organization and many other real world professional organizations, these features are critical for basic functionality of Airtable.
Do we have a timeline for this update or this will never happen in Airtable ?

Megan_Dunagan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be a fabulous feature - and I can see it as essential to most Form usersโ€™ needs.

Shannon_Tefft-1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, please. Iโ€™m building a library and asset tracking system which has different types of assets. Fixed assets and assets that are restricted to lend to only certain teams/projects will appear in the form drop down menu. It would be nice to filter that out so that the forms only show whatโ€™s available to the particular group.

Dave_Bown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yes i need Rules and Conditional Fields too

Shannon_Tefft-1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just to add as this thought came to me.

Maybe one way to approach this is to base forms off of โ€œgrid viewsโ€. I can create a specific โ€œGrid Viewโ€ that has certain filtering. It would be helpful then to be able to create a form based from that โ€œgrid viewโ€ and the form inherits the conditions. That would be immensely helpful.

For example - say for a library table I have a Standard View (everything) and a โ€œProject X Viewโ€ where Iโ€™ve filtered out everything that Project X canโ€™t borrow (restricted access or otherwise unavailable, lent out, etc.). When I create a form, it asks what view I want to base the form upon. I then โ€œassignโ€ the form to the โ€œProject X Viewโ€ and then form will then only have selections which adhere to the Project X View filtering. No worries about folks accidentally asking for things they canโ€™t borrow.

Steven_T

One vote from me as well. Conditional logic is essential and can put more power to Airtableโ€™s usage.

Thank you.