Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If “Met at a conference” is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldn’t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
Sergio_D_Neri
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Waiting for this feature in order to switch on Airtable (still using Memento Database).
Conditional logic forms is a MUST HAVE option.

Sarah_Bosse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I really need this capability. Also, with it, the ability to have form fields link to the forms in multiple tables within the same base! So necessary! Thanks! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Jon_Crappel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on form logic. Seems like a pretty basic feature for any type of form.

Jesper_Knudsen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need it bad! Everything else around Airtable is so good ! But for our main purpose of forms, we need logic :slightly_smiling_face:

Cathy_Lewis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding support for this feature. We’re about to implement Google Forms instead of Airtable Forms for our use case because we need the conditional logic. Thank goodness for Zapier; but it sure would be nice if we didn’t need it.

Trisha_Poole1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would LOVE to see this functionality built into Airtable. I’d also like to see the more flexibility to the page layout of the form view. Could developers add a basic text label that doesn’t require input? It would be nice to see spacers and the ability to adjust the look of the form. Using the entire page having more of a column distribution would be ideal.

Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would love to see this feature too.

A_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Highly requested feature. This is the only reason our organization has to keep using Google Forms. Thank you!

Onboarding_Team
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A much needed feature for any forms

BimBakery_co
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’ve been reviewing AIRTABLE for the last couple of days in a bid to adopt. Conditional logic seemed an obvious requirement for a form. It is concerning that this has been a request for some time now (+2 years), and not even a response form the developers.

Is this functionality expected any time soon? It seems it is a MUST HAVE to manage the engagement of ones data efficiently.