Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If “Met at a conference” is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldn’t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
Steffen_Bunau
5 - Automation Enthusiast

any workaround for this?

Cornelius_F
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Steven_Bönau, we need this! you are just the guy - pls help us

David_Yeiser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature as well.

Amber_Delamater

This would be great to have! We pay for wufoo and would love to get rid of it and keep all our forms in airtable since all our info is in airtable anyway!

Dan

This is a must have! Giving my +1

Mary_Grace_Henn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also have a need for this here - in the meantime I’m going to build a zapier integration to push the values into a new tab that is limited to what I need in the selection. My use case is pretty basic or else this option would not work.

Scratch that as an option - modifications/deletes too much of a hassle. This feature is really needed. The idea of being able to build a lookup where the values are based on a view seems like the most straight forward way to do this. Happy to chat through this with anyone if there is interest.

Lisa_Tomsick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would also LOVE this feature. Please add it!

Rose_Fox

+100! My current workflow involves heavy use of Google Forms to gather suggestions from customers, rate them and apply formulas to them in Google Drive spreadsheets, transfer approved suggestions into the database my software uses, and upload customer data to Constant Contact. Obviously I would love to do all these things (and also manage software milestones, to-do lists, etc.) within Airtable, but form logic is essential to my forms. Without it I’d have to replace one Google form with six separate Airtable forms. That would cause a lot of customer confusion in addition to involving a lot of duplicated work for me. Please add this feature!

Trevor_Ellestad

Yes please on all this! Additional design and logic in forms please!!!

Jason_Goldberg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 (multiply by a gazillion)
KEY, KEY FEATURE THIS!!!