Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If “Met at a conference” is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldn’t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
David_Walters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - need conditional logic

Megan_Bishop
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, please, please, please!!!

James_Spektrum
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created an entire form before getting to the point where I found out you don’t have conditional logic on these forms. Bummer for me

Luckily it’s 1 of 8 so I didn’t get too far into the work, but I’d use this for every show I do if the forms had conditional logic abilities. Bummer for you. I hate the Podio interface, but it’s much more customizable and intuitive on the back end. Your UI is great, but the simple features for forms are lacking

Joel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1, we absolutely need conditional logic to use forms.

It would make Airtable substantially more valuable to us if we didn’t have to hack things together using Google Forms / Typeform and could instead rely solely on Airtable.

Disruption_Joe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Absolutely agree that conditional is needed.

Matthew_Stebenn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love to see this! This has been a part of Google Forms for so long now. If/then statements are extremely valuable!

Gonz
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 here as well. Whewe ask people outside our company to provide information, that information needs to be able to be categorized through some conditional questions

Education_Team
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Adding my vote for this feature, it would be a game changer!

jd_duval
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a super high-impact feature for our workflow and for our clients – we hope to see this feature soon!

Alexis_Balinsk1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please consider adding this feature! I’ve been trying to convert my whole team over to AirTable but many folks still prefer using Google because their forms have conditional forms :confused: