Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add report builder or other reporting tools

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kai_Harris
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Are there plans to add reporting or data analysis functionality to Airtable? Currently it appears the only way to analyze the data is to either use filters or to export to CSV and use a 3rd party tool. Filters work okay for some basic data analysis but don’t work for cross-table reports. And CSV doesn’t work across tables.

My use case is tracking service delivery, light case management. I need to be able to pull regular reports with SQL type logic that pulls together linked tables and applies logic and formulas to them.

I can get some of this from filters, but I’d like to save the reports so I don’t have to recreate them each time. Saving a different view for each filter would create a massive number of views - not a very good solution. For example, one field is client age. I need to report how many clients fall into 5 different age categories. So in order to save this, I’d need to create a different view for each age category - 5 different views just for that data element.

31 Comments
Andrew
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey Kal,

Thanks for the suggestion! Agreed that reporting will be really useful. We have something in the works that should do exactly what you mentioned here :slightly_smiling_face: We’ll keep you posted…

Iain_Hamilton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Andrew, Any idea when. I want to star using airtable but would love to see reporting.

Martha_Creedon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

REALLY need some basic report writing in order to make the database easier to use and print from, especially by those who don’t want to get involved in learning to navigate the database. It’s also difficult just to get fields moved around for simple export (I don’t always want the Name field to be first).

Thanks for considering!

Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’d love to be able to use the reporting feature to be able to print labels (i.e. shipping labels or hard drive labels) so the ability to format the report would be lovely.

Melissa_Isaacs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would adore the ability to print a report with name and attached image for a building directory

Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Please allow me to beta test this feature. I have to report numbers that are in my airtable every Friday morning

Ian_Tucker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also Really like to see this reporting feature added to airtable! It would greatly increase its use for me and my team. I would be creating reports on a daily basis.

Mathew_Garcia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please. I would love to have a reporting tools. I would be sold on Airtable if you could add this functionality. The sooner the better. ETA?

Clare_Suereth

I like this idea too!

Nicho_Worth

Please add this idea!