Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Display Date Range in Calendar View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m really excited about the recently released calendar views. Thank you for including this in AirTable. It really helps to visualize certain data that’s associated with date and time.

That said, I’m curious if you plan on supporting date ranges? My use case is that I track events that are happening in the world, specifically film festivals. I have a table that contains a list of 1200 film festivals and their start and end dates. I’d love to be able to see the ability to create a view that shows the range of dates that the festivals are occurring. Right now I can only choose either the start or end date, which is helpful, but doesn’t show me overlapping dates between the different events.

74 Comments
Management_Peng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this one. Totally Agree, im planning to use Airtable as a CMDB for our internal IT team.

With this feature ill be able to set Green and Red Zones!

Lourdes_Vera
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I +1 this request

It’s great using airtable, and seems like a date range in calendar view would be an easy addition

Ray_Williams
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Very necessary, We’re using Airtable to track filming requests and my next step after nailing down fields, formulas, and forms is building a calendar to embed on our web page that constantly up to date (i.e. NO EXTRA TYPING same info over and over). I will go with start date for now, but lacking a range, may result in numerous calls to our office because it’s taking too many clicks to get info.

I want to sell the need for enterprise edition purchase. Airtable has already saved mi-asma first quarter. Love it!!

Chuck_Kahn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just signed up to try Airtable today and am moving on since date range isn’t available. I would like to create schedules that can be edited and distributed in spreadsheet view and calendar view. Hope there’s something out there that can do this!

Vicki_Garrison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 The ability to filter by a date range would be very helpful!

Sally_Duan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - use case would be to plan leave for staff - need date ranges to organise resource

Laura_Fisher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another thumbs up on this request - my use case is very similar to the original poster. I want to see art exhibits as ranges of dates on the calendar view.

Jan_Pajerski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature request. We’re evaluating whether to incorporate Airtable into our workflow for managing customers. Promotions are a big part of our business, and they run for weeks at a time. A feature supporting date ranges would allow us to visualize what’s going on and deploy resources accordingly. Displaying a start date, or end date, on its own is very limiting as seeing where promotions overlap drives our decisions on resource allocation. Best,
Jan

Brandon_Zerante
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Couldn’t agree more. Watched the extended video and got excited. Calendar Range is a must for my needs. Not sure why that isn’t included here.

Tim_Copeland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here - very happy building out my first application, and looks like I’ve hit a brick wall due to this feature not being supported. This is a real deal breaker for me unfortunately.