Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Formatting options for Long Text

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arlo_Haskell
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would love to see basic text formatting options for the long text field. At a minimum: bold and italic formatting would be a huge help.

I would like to use long text fields to store short bios for writers. But without the ability to have italic formatting, I can’t properly format the titles of their books.

The markdown formatting tools available in this Airtable community message editor would be perfect.

154 Comments
Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for markdown support in long text data type fields. :thumbs_up:

Anna_Kelian
5 - Automation Enthusiast

:thumbsup: Formating for Long text will be very useful

Ignacio_Giri
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for markdown support in long text data type fields. :thumbs_up:

Goce_Ristov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Exactly! This is a must! We need to store articles into fields. One can easily create a form for writers to upload their articles so they can be stored in a table. It’s would be a great solution for this purpose, but a wider formatting needs to be supported in “Long Text” fields. A copy paste from word should not lose it’s formatting. I really hope this can be added soon!

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

+1 for Markdown.

Though I’d also love to see field-tokening and save-as-HTML. Being able to do the Zapier side of document formatting, within Airtable, referencing field values and ideally, formula-generating some portion of long text, would be the jam.

The Long Text field remains our only real portal to decent document formatting…

A.

Benjamin_Hardy

Hey Airtable team,

Any availability on this? A must have for anyone who think about switching from Trello!

Ivan_Rosado
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh yes please… formatting in long texts would really be helpful.

Marcus_Hammarbe

Another +1 for this. That would be awesome

TheKrizizzy

+1 for this one. What I see in above the editing field while writing THIS would be awesome.

Christine_Letts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In addition to bold and italics, creating new paragraphs and lists (that persist in emailed records) would help with our flow. In the example given above, an author with a multi-paragraph bio gets squished into one paragraph on email.