Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Hidden Fields in Expanded Record View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Please give us an option to hide fields in the Expanded Record view based upon the hidden fields in the grid view.

35 Comments
Soi_Lon_Lei
5 - Automation Enthusiast

fully support! I personally use 1-2 columns for calculations / functions. And it is absolutely confusing / useless to display those columns. looking forward to this function being added.

James_Mason
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a must! We use this as inventory management software and Iโ€™d love to be able to hide fields from our technicians so they donโ€™t see clutter when inputting data while out of the office.

Please and thanks!

Nick_Lowrie

Please add this. I am using Airtable as a project management tool. The Expanded Record View is critical and its been frustrating trying to make it look good when I use all of the features of Airtable. There are several ways to implement this, but probably the easiest and most effective would be to mirror the View you are looking at. If it is not on the View, then its not on the Expanded Record. Probably the easiest to program for you as well.

Michael_Appleto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Important feature to get views organized and neet!

entropic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just started in with Airtableโ€ฆ it didnโ€™t even occur to me that hidden fields would show up in expanded view. PLEASE make expanded view match/mirror the main table view.

Ryan_Lavalley

I will be using Airtable with multiple users who need the least amount of distraction or confusion as possible when using the base. Airtable is already super user friendly, however this was a concern as I demonstrated the use of the program for our intended purposes. Users became confused by some of the columns I needed to place to create formulas because I couldnโ€™t hide them in expanded view.

Hjortur_Steingr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes pleaseโ€ฆ I really need to hide some of my fields. :smiling_face_with_halo:

Larsen_Garma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I vote for this feature too. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Phoenix_Wu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Fully support this request, too!

Chris_Tennant1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would be helpful for me to be able to have separate settings for expanded view, different from the grid. This way I could โ€˜drill downโ€™ to get more detail about that specific record, while still being able to hide some of the fields Iโ€™ve created that I either donโ€™t need right then, or may also be calculated fields used for sorting or filtering, etc.

This also helps because my record ID is calculated. I hide the source fields in grid view to aid in searching, and it would be nice to edit them in expanded view.